Saturday, May 29, 2010

Friday, May 28th



I wanted to get those sugars down.
Beginning of the day I had a Banana.
Then running some errands with Mark, yet knowing I was meeting my parents for an early meal, I was starving so I had a Granola Bar.
Around 5pm I met my parents at Buca Di Beppo, they had arrived early and had ordered APPLE GORGONZOLA SALAD Tart Granny Smith apples, spiced walnuts, dried cranberries and Gorgonzola cheese tossed with our fresh lettuce blend in our signature Italian vinaigrette and CHICKEN LIMONE Chicken breasts lightly sautéed and topped with lemon butter sauce and capers. This is what they usually order, and although sometimes I wish they would try something different, I cannot deny that it is extremely delicious! With three of us splitting these two dishes, I feel that I didn't do too bad calorically. Then at work I found myself not only being starving, but also having a headache. Did I need caffeine? I went to the vending machine and had a Nestle's Crunch. My god it has been a long time since I have had one of those. and then after the bar I drove Nicole and Addison to California Burrito Express. For the first time at this restaurant, I ordered and ate as sensibly as possible. I ordered a combo plate that had two burritos and beans and rice, and would you believe that I only ate one of the burritos, and took the other one home. Wow! Late night eating and not only did I not stuff my face, but I actually displayed a little self control!
Well my blood sugar goal was under 120. My reading - 121. Missed it by one point, however that was after only six hours of fasting, so it could have been "in range" had i waited a little longer. Either way it is getting lower and I am improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment