Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tuesday, May 18th




Tuesday was a day of dining out!
lunch with Addison and Nicole at Steak and Salad (where Friends use to be). We have always talked about trying it and finally we did. I had Enginar Dolmasi (Stuffed Artichoke) $2.99 artichoke bottom stuffed with peas, carrots and onions, Patlican Ezme (Eggplant Salad) $2.99 grilled eggplant, garlic and yogurt, and Artichoke Salad $6.99 artichoke, walnuts, spinach, feta cheese, tomatoes, lettuce. None of it was bad, but nothing was outstanding either. However looking at Nicole's plate and tasting her Sis Kebab, I would have to say that their meat selections are probably all pretty good. Afterwards I took them to Lollicup. This makes two visits here in two days. Today I had the Taracado which Mark had tried the previous day. Delicious! Then off to the gym for a Lynn workout, followed by a visit with my parents at Sweet Tomatoes. Once again i did good there. I tried to fill my salad plate with a rainbow of colors and I only made on stop to the bread and soup section. I find their Cream of Mushroom soup to be the best, and I find it impossible to resist when they have it on the soup bar. Then for my final meal of the day Nicole and I went to Hamburger Mary's. They have an appetizer that is potato chips (thick cut but still perfectly crispy) covered with Blue cheese and Balsamic drizzle, which we shared and then we each got the Big Kahuna burger (Bacon, Jack, Grilled Pineapple and Teriyaki) I could only eat half on mine, and i didn't even touch the fries. Afterwards we realized that we should have split one burger. Then we went downtown and danced the night away. I'm pleased to say that after the bar we were still full and didn't stop for that evil late night Pizza that is so good. It was a decadent day of eating, but was balanced out by a workout and plenty of dancing. Next morning's sugar....117! Hooray!
See... Diabetes can be Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment