Friday, May 14, 2010

Results for my experiment!

Ok. the results are in!
Ever since my Doctor lowered my daily insulin intake from 16 units per day to 10 units, I have noticed my fasting sugars have been above the ideal numbers. Ideal is 90-120, and mine have been in the 150s. My initial thoughts were that this lowering of the insulin was a bad idea, and then when I go in for my next check up that she would probably tell me that I need to bring it back up to 16 units.
So, I did this experiment where I greatly decreased the amount of food that I ate before bed.
Mark came over one day last week and cooked a whole bunch of different vegetarian dishes for me. He packaged them up into individual meals and labeled them for different days.
I followed this for four days. After work i ate very small portions of food, in fact, i went to bed a little hungry. (Is that such a bad thing? Probably not!) and wouldn't you know it? My morning blood sugars were back on track!
110, 94, 105, 94. All pretty ideal!
So then on the 5th day, Addison and I went to California Burrito Express. It is a new 24 hour Mexican restaurant that is located where the Fazoli's use to be on Colonial. and I must say that it is quite delicious!
and Funny ....the next morning I was back up to 144.
Then another day of very little eating after work ....the next morning .....92.
One more late night of eating and a return trip to the delicious 24 hour Mexican .......the next morning .....135.
I am beginning to see a pattern here.

Either I can eat out and eat big and have a HIGH BLOOD SUGAR.
or I can eat small and sensibly and have EXCELLENT BLOOD SUGAR.

I guess that it is pretty simple and I think that i answered my own question!

Now the challenge!
Can I be good?
I'll keep you updated!

and thank you to Mark for not only making me all of the delicious food, but also for pushing me to stay on track and keep the sugars low!

No comments:

Post a Comment