Friday, May 28, 2010

Thursday, May 27th





Sorry that it has been a couple of days since I blogged. In the last few days my blood sugars have been higher then I would like, averaging around 150, partially due to improper eating and sleeping. I know that it is no excuse, but sometimes my schedule is a little crazy, which often causes me to make poor eating decisions. However, I appear to be back on track again.
Yesterday was extremely delicious! Mark and I started with lunch at Siam Garden. It has been 10 years or so since I have been there, and I was thrilled to find that it remains just as tasty as I had remembered. We started by sharing a Papaya Salad, which although it was too spicy for me to eat much of it, I did enjoy what I ate, then for my meal I had Praram, Chicken with peanut sauce. Served on a bed of mixed vegetables. It was sweet and peanuty and tasted extremely fresh. I could only eat about half of it, so I brought the rest home to enjoy in the next day or so.
Then in the early evening, as Nicole and I were heading to the Fringe Festival, we realized that we were really early and decided to stop at Logan's Bistro for dinner. Their Goat Cheese Cheesecake is one of the most consistently delicious things that I have ever eaten, and I would find it stupid to go there and not order it, so we split it! Then for my entree I had the Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with a Bistro salad. It was so satisfying that at the Fringe Festival, I didn't even need to visit a food cart for a snack. Then around midnight I finished off my day with a morningstar farms Spicy Black Bean Burger with some thinly sliced cucumber.
Although it was still a little above ideal, I was fairly pleased with a reading of 126.
Hopefully tomorrow will be under 120.

No comments:

Post a Comment