Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 40




Morning blood sugar.... 130
Now that I look back at day 39 I am not surprised.
I really shouldn't be having BBQ AND Steak and Shake in the same day.
All things considered I guess it is not the worst.
Today was better.
I started by meeting my friends Will and Josh who were both working at Jimmy's Cafe in Maitland.
Will expertly crafted the most delicious salad for me! Just look at the picture and see how big and filling it was, and along with a croissant I ate every bite!
Thanks guys!
Then off to a sweaty workout with Lynn!
After that I went to Nicole's 80's themed social party, where I couldn't resist a plate of all the delicious food, however for once I only had one plate, and I completely avoided the dessert tray.
I had 3 cocktails throughout the evening.
And most importantly I had a great conversation with Aunt MARY, she follows this blog (Hi MARY!) and is also diabetic and expressed her concerns with some of my dieting choices.
I need that! and am so grateful for her opinions.
After talking with her I didn't want anymore cocktails, and wanted to eat much better when I got home ....
which i did by having the rest of the salad from a couple of nights ago, and a spicy black bean burger
(Sometimes Veggie burgers can taste just awful, but morningstar farms seams to do it right)
I also received my new Food Lover business cards to pass out to friends and servers from places that I enjoy dining at, so hopefully I might get a few more readers!
Thanks to all of you for taking the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment