Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 45



Morning Blood Sugar 101.
Today Addison and I were driving around doing some shopping and we ended up stopping at Rossi's to eat lunch.
I haven't been there in about 15 years and it hasn't changed much. Pretty decent for a cross between an italian restaurant and a sportsbar. We split an order of garlic cheese bread and an order of chicken tenders, then we each had a calzone. Mine was filled with Broccoli and Feta. The taste was good, but afterwards not only was I too full, but I am realizing that I don't enjoy all of that heavy, cheese and bread food as much as I use to. Pizza, French Fries, anything battered and deep fried, all of those things which I have always adored are becoming less enjoyable to me now. I still want them, but definitely a smaller portion then before, and I feel that this is a very good thing! I am also finding that when I eat then less often, then I appreciate them much more when I do have them.
So I was so stuffed from lunch that I didn't eat anything (I know... smaller portions, several times a day is better) until almost the end of my shift when i had a bag of cashews. Then when i got home from work I had a Caprese salad with grilled Chicken that i had gotten earlier at the Deli at Target. I am now going to bed satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment