Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 52



Blood Sugar 91.
I met Mark at noon at NILE Ethiopian Restaurant on I Drive. It had been recommended to me before but I hadn't yet been. My previous experience with Ethiopian food was at a place in New York several years ago. At the time I was not as into food as I am now, and I remember it being so hot I could barely stand it. NILE however was a different story. I LOVED everything that we ate! We had several Beef dishes, and a lamb dish, and a chicken dish .... All was very flavorful and spicy, but not too hot! The Ethiopian coffee was also delicious! After that we went to the Indian grocery store and got a sweet coconut dessert called chumchum. I am impressed that I have not yet eaten the whole container. At work i had a diabetic oatmeal raisin bar, and then when I got home I made a salad with dried cranberries, walnuts, cashews and goat cheese. It was an excellent day of eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment