Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 55




Morning Blood sugar 110. I started out with a bowl of cereal this morning.
Then we were driving around not really knowing where we were eating lunch and we came across Clarkie's Diner on Orange Ave. We had talked earlier in the day about greasy spoon diners, and since I had driven by it for years and never stopped, and neither one of us had ever been we decided to go. It was exactly what I expected! I couldn't decide on an omelet or the meatloaf. So when I asked for a suggestion from our server he said they could make me a meatloaf omelet. How could I refuse? It was delicious! Just greasy enough to fulfill me!
As for our dinner plans, we went to Hot Olives in Winter Park. I have been there a handful of times and always liked it! We started with Baked Brie with Almonds 13
Baked brie topped with melted butter and almonds, served with fresh berries and a baked French baguette. and then my entree was Tropical Almond Chicken Salad 15
Gourmet greens, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and Gorgonzola cheese topped with almond
crusted chicken and mango pineapple salsa. Served with citrus honey vinaigrette. After that was a trip to the Red Fox lounge to see Mark and Lorna and have a couple of cocktails, Delicious meals and a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment