Friday, November 2, 2012

November 1st 2012

It is November 1st. Back to blogging and recapping each day's FOOD INTAKE.
These blogs might start out kind of bland.
I will work on keeping the FOOD PHOTOS interesting and I will try to change up the plates and the background to give it a little color, but for now I will just focus on getting it done and recording my progress.

I think I will start out by listing what I ate...


Meal #1 (We are going to call this one BREAKFAST)
Homemade Muesli with Raspberries and a piece of Whole Wheat Toast with Peanut Butter on it.
I buy JIF Reduced Fat Peanut Butter, and the Wheat Bread is light (40 calories per slice)
BREAKFAST is generally around NOON (remember I work nights, so this is my morning)

I'm also drinking Water with every meal unless otherwise indicated.


Meal #2 (We will call this SNACK #1)
a 100 calorie bag of microwave Popcorn and a frozen GoGurt (low calorie yogurt - we got them at Costco so they will be showing up a lot)
This was around 3pm

Now I was meeting some friends out for dinner (my lunch) and I have realized that "Dining Out" can be a Big Problem for me. Overall I am eating out less then I use to, but we will see how my choices will be over the course of this blog.


We all met at 310 Lakeside. We had a coupon for a free appetizer and decided on the Cheese Platter.
This is a big weakness for me, I Love CHEESE! But the good thing here was that there were four of us. I did indulge in a few small pieces, but I am rather impressed with myself for using the restraint that I did. (The old me would have ordered this whole Cheese Plate for my appetizer alone!)


Meal #3 (LUNCH)
So I decided that this was going to be my big indulgence for the day. I just decided to order the menu item that sounded the best to me, which ended up being a Chicken Breast stuffed with Roasted Red Peppers, Spinach, Gorgonzola and covered in a Shallot Cream Sauce, served with Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Vegetables. 
Yes, I am aware that this is NOT a diabetic-friendly meal.
The Cream Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, and Gorgonzola are definite NO NO's, and who knows how much Butter or Oil were used in the preparation.

In order to (ever so slightly) assist in the health factor of this dish I scrapped most of the Sauce to the side (there was still enough to give me a nice flavor) and I just ate one bite of the Potatoes.

This still gave me all the satisfaction that I needed. I have found through experience that when I try to be "too health conscience" and I deprive myself of my Food Cravings that I only hurt myself worse in the end by either Cheating or Bingeing! 


Meal #4 (SNACK #2)
a small bowl of Beans and Rice.
I have gotten the hang of making Black Beans and seasoning them to perfection. I often eat them as my protein and use them in place of Meat. I also have switched to eating Brown Rice. 
This was around 11pm.


and then Meal #5 (From here on out we will call this one DINNER)
an all time favorite... Peanut Butter and Jelly on Whole Wheat Bread.
Not sure if this is the best thing to eat as my last meal but the morning Blood Sugars will soon tell.
This was at 2am.

I will check my fasting blood sugar and list it before i post this Blog Entry.
I think I'm going to start doing it that way, that way I get everything started the night before, and then post after my Blood Readings.

Other things that I feel I should mention are my medications.
I currently take the bulk of my pills in the morning with breakfast (Noon) ...

For Diabetes I take 
4mg Glimepiride (Amaryl) twice a day (one at noon, one at midnight)
and 4 (500 mg) tablets of Metformin (the maximum dosage)

I take a couple of pills for Cholesterol as well (seems to be under control)
and a couple of Fish Oil capsules, a low dose Aspirin, a B12 caplet and a Multivitamin daily

Also on this blog I should mention what exercise I am doing each day.
Today I did Push Ups, Bicycles, and Crunches (50 each) and I walked for about 10 minutes.

I have been struggling to get my fasting Blood Sugar below 120.
It seems to have been weeks now, usually falling somewhere in the 130's.
I was just hoping and praying that it would be below 120!!
Would the Peanut Butter and Jelly throw me off?

I was delighted to see the display after my morning test (November 2nd)

91
Yipee! I did it!
Let's try and keep this up!


No comments:

Post a Comment