Saturday, November 3, 2012

November 2nd 2012

Still on a high from my Fasting Blood reading of 91.
My parents were on their way to my house for an early celebration of my Mother's Birthday.
I was to make a light Lunch, and then we were going out shopping, then they were going to treat me to an early Dinner.

Light lunch... let's see....
How about I just make a make-shift Salad Bar?
I made a big bowl of fresh Greens, then I layed out several little dishes of Salad Toppings and let everyone "Build their own"


For my Salad I added some Apple, some Candied walnuts, a sprinkling of Bleu Cheese and a large pinch of Coconut Flakes. I topped it with my homemade Dressing which was just Orange Juice, Olive Oil and a squirt of Agave Nectar.


After a little shopping it was time for Lunch.
They wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory (which was fine by me)
I decided to order whatever I wanted from the menu and not particularly look for something "healthy"
and then I was hoping that I could use some restraint when it came to portion size


When the Bread Basket was delivered I took half of the whole Wheat Loaf.
I enjoyed every bite.
I caught myself reaching back in for more Bread, but I stopped myself before I it was too late.


I ordered the Bacon Bleu Cheese Burger with Fries (remember I said I was going to order whatever I wanted - I didn't hold back)


I enjoyed it very much, but then as I was eating it I realized that the Burger wasn't cooked well-done enough for me and so I left a good section of it (including the bun) on my plate. I also ate about 2/3 of my Fries (not total restraint, but some)


Around 6pm I started to prepare a homemade CornBread stuffing with Bacon and Cherries. I got the recipe from Cooking Light. I saw that they are having a Photo Contest if you prepare and take a picture of one of their dishes. I plan on entering the contest and the recipe sounded good so I gave it a try.

It tasted really good. 

around 7pm is when I actually ate a portion of it with a small Salad made with ingredients left over from earlier.

Later during work I had a Granola Bar (around Midnight)

I also had a 20 minute Walk after work.


and then when I made it home (3am) I decided to be decadent and have a Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich (with Bacon crumbles from earlier)

The previous night I ended with a Peanut Butter Sandwich and still had a good Fasting Sugar.
Let's see if I did it again....


Morning Blood Sugar Report.....

124

Not terrible, but not nearly as good as yesterday.
a tighter diet today, and a more intense workout are in order

No comments:

Post a Comment