Friday, November 9, 2012

November 8th 2012


I started this day with a Frittata made with Egg Beaters, Zucchini and a little Feta. There was also a slice of Whole Wheat Toast with sugar-free Apricot Preserves and some Rosemary Potatoes
This was around noon and I thought it would be a good start to the day.


Then around 2pm I had some Chips and homemade Salsa that was leftover from the Mexican Chicken Casserole

Then at 5pm I went to a Food Event, Taste of Apopka - and this is where everything went wrong!


There was vendor after vendor, and I felt like I had to try everything! In this photo was a rather large "Food Sampling" from Porkie's BBQ, but most of the vendors had small Bite-Sized Plates.
But still, I has tastings of Meatball Sandwiches, Italian Ice, Burgers, Mac N Cheese, Fried Pieces of Chicken, Cupcakes, etc....
Now that I am re-counting all that I "Tasted" I feel like a Complete Piglet!

Perhaps these events might not be for "Diabetics with No Self Control" like me.
I might as well have just gone to the Golden Corral!

Not only did this event make me very tired, but as usual I had extreme feelings of Guilt afterwards
(even though at the same time I enjoyed myself very much - conflicted)


I knew that I needed to exercise so I did a 30 minute Walk as I watched TV, and also did a stretch - something that I don't do nearly enough.

My final meal (had to be healthy) was a small, sensible Salad.
I layered thinly sliced Zucchini, Arugula, a tiny bit of Feta, Black Pepper and a little of my Dressing that I made with Orange Juice, Olive Oil and Agave Nectar.
I decided since it was going to be simple that I would make it pretty.
I also let it sit in the Fridge for an hour or so, this way the flavors could meld a little bit.
Zucchini is rather boring to me, but the sweetness of the dressing and the saltiness of the Feta actually balanced it out rather nicely and I will probably have it again.

My morning Blood Sugar....
135
Still better then the previous day, and much better then I was expecting with how I was a Total Piglet at the Taste of Apopka.

I am realizing that my "Mess Ups" must be few and far between, and that constant exercise is Key to having consistent "In Range" Fasting Sugars.

Hoping that my blog post for November 9th will have a number below 120 when you scroll down to the bottom.
I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment