Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11



I was surprised to have a blood sugar of 102 this morning, especially after those 2 doughnuts, however I was delighted.
Could it be that it might have been closer to a 10 hour fast, rather than an 8 hour? I haven't quite figured out how all of that works yet.
So after I blogged last night, I rented Food Inc on my ITunes. I was terribly disturbed at how they treated those chickens and cows and I decided that I was to become a strict vegetarian, which lasted me through most of the day today.
Upon getting up, I had a yogurt, then I had some Chicken breast in the fridge, and the latest Martha Stewart Everyday Food has a recipe for poaching, so I figured that I would poach them, and then never buy chicken again......
After following the directions, and still giving them a few extra "just in case" minutes, I cut into the chicken to find it way too pink for my liking. I almost just threw them out, but instead I put them back into the poaching liquid and cooked them until fully done.
However, with still being a little grossed out, Nicole, myself and Addison went to Toojays, where I had the veggie Pita platter (pictured)
At this point in the day I was still vegetarian.
a sliced granny smith apple before work.
a south beach diet cereal bar during work.
and then after work I gave up my vegetarianism, and made a quesadilla with chicken peppers and onions (pictured)
followed by a few cheese and crackers and 1 truffle while watching Desperate Housewives.
See you tomorrow............

No comments:

Post a Comment