Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19




So today started with a blood sugar of 114.
Still in my Doctor's ideal 90 - 120, so I was pretty pleased!
I was out driving around early today and decided to stop at Tony's Deli, where I haven't been in awhile.
I got a 4 item platter which included (forgive my spelling) Falafel, Curry Rice, Vegetables and a fried eggplant dish, accompanied by naan and a tahini sauce.
Then I was off to a party at Nicole's house.
My first plate of appetizers is pictured, I had 1 cider and 1 punch, and then a small plate of Puerto Rican Pork and Rice, and some of Barbara's famous hashbrown casserole.
There were tons of desserts there that all looked delicious, however I was proud that I only had one Cannoli. Kathleen made them and I simply could not resist!
Then when I got home we ordered in and I had an Eggplant Parmesan Sub.
In many ways I overdid it today, but not too long ago....(before insulin).... I would have been much worse!
Thank You all for reading!
It was great talking to Aunt Mary tonight about our diabetes.
With enough people trying to help each other out, we can all come closer to reaching our goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment