Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 12




So this morning I got up a little earlier then I had expected to, it was about 7.5 hours after I had last eaten.
I decided to go ahead and take my blood sugar and it was 129. So then I took my shower, did my computer stuff and the about an hour and a half later I figured that I would take it again. It was now 9 hours after my last meal and my sugar was 107.
Of course I like this number much better.
So... My question to you is.....Does that extra hour always make 22 points worth of blood sugar?
Has every time in the past where I have had a high blood sugar been because I took it too soon?
I know that keeping a regular schedule is important, and I know that my fasting sugar should be between 90 and 120.
I have a late night schedule, and I am usually up around noon, which is when I usually take my reading, however tomorrow I have to get up at 9am.... so it is now just after midnight and I am done eating for the day, partially because I want to have that 9 hours before my next reading.
I'll keep you posted, but any comments on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
My first meal today was with my mother, we were celebrating her birthday and I took her to Mimi's cafe.
I had a salad with chicken and fruit, and a cup of corn chowder.
Then Jeff and I went to go see Avatar, and so before hand we went to Bentos. I was there 8 days ago and had the Bento box, which I had once again, only this time instead of coconut chicken I had Pad Thai Chicken. I didn't eat much of my rice or my noodles, but otherwise I pretty much finished it.
and then for my final meal, I didn't feel like cooking, so I turned to a frozen dinner....
Amy's Indian Vegetable Korma. Quite delicious for store bought frozen, and it is only 310 calories!

2 comments:

  1. Yep. Stick to your regular schedule of checking your glucose levels. Keep up the good work. I am following your blog every day, so please continue. i have had wonderful results following the Atkins Diabetic Reveloution plan for the last 4 years. When I started I wore a size 36 pants, and now down to 32-33, and my glucose levels are more normal. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! and I will continue!
    I'm gonna look in to Atkins Diabetic Revolution!

    ReplyDelete