Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 6



Fasting blood sugar 102.
Today was a great day!
I started off with a bowl of cereal.
Then I went shopping and filled my pantry.
I plan on cooking for the next few days, and am trying not to dine out.
I also got back in to the gym today.
I have been going to a personal trainer for almost 2 years now. Her name is Lynn and she is wonderful! I typically go twice a week.
So for future reference, when I say "I went to the gym" it goes something like this:
My appointment is usually from 4:30 to 5pm. I try to get there up to 30 minutes early and walk on the cross training machine before hand. A "workout" with Lynn can be any number of different exercises combining weight training and cardio. She is also a great motivator both as a trainer and as a friend.
After a week off from any form of exercise, it felt wonderful to get back to it today!
After working out I had a salad with chicken breast. (pictured)
I have noticed that now that I am trying to take pictures of all of my food, I want to make it pretty and visually pleasing. I am finding that this helps with portion control. (Today I found that I used far less cheese on my salad since it was for a picture then I would have if I had not been thinking of how it will look)
I also got a couple of new plates and placemats to make it more colorful.
So then i went to Happy Hour and had 2 vanilla vodka with diet cokes.
Then afterwards I came home and made a Cheese Steak with 92% fat free beef, onions and peppers, and I also added some chickpeas to my remaining rice, peas and corn and had that with it. (pictured)
Dessert - Just one truffle!
It is currently 1am, and I think that I am done for the night!

1 comment: